This is the world of
"Yowee the Loveable!"
Cars of Yesteryear
Mt Gravatt Showground Brisbane
24th June, 2001
- My son and I left home around 7:30 am to go to the Mt Gravatt showground to be part of the Royal Automobile Club of Queensland "Cars of Yesteryear". The showground is located on the south side of the Brisbane CBD (approx 10 Klms).
- I had spent the previous afternoon cleaning and setting up our car, a "Leyland P76". I included car signs, chairs and table
- We headed to Chermside with the idea of joining a convoy of other enthusiasts which were intending to travel from Chermside Shopping Centre to Mt Gravatt showgrounds. We drove around the shopping centre carparks twice before heading off without the convoy. Later on we found that the convoy had left from another location in the area.
- As we approached the Showgrounds on Logan road we met up with the Chermside convoy, as another member of the Queensland P76 Owners Club was just in front of us. Traffic was very heavy with only two entrances. We crawled into the showground with my temperature gauge near the red a little before 9 am. The official starting time, to find the paddock was already 80 percent full. We were guided by marshals to where the cars were placed in rows across the paddock. It looked like a sardine can.
- After registering we set up the cars in a small club display. My son decided that we needed to go and check out the cars. I had to finish off chatting to fellow club members. We were captivate by the variety of cars and trucks as we walked around and through the display of old cars. My son borrowed my new camera. I was able to get another camera from work. Majority of the photos were taken by my son with the Kodak DC3200 digital camera. A third were taken using a Sony digital camera.
- By the way, my son is nearly eight years old.
- Please enjoy the photos. There is approximately 100 plus shots @ 30k-50K bits each. May take awhile to downloaded.
The scene from the administration area over looking the showground paddock
My son and I would like to thankyou for visiting our site. If you would like a CD of this web page and others please email us at Leo's Car Shows CD. All moneys raise from the sale will go to the Motor Neurone Disease Association of Qld.
This web site may contain Copyright material. All Rights Reserved.
If you find any problems with the site, please e-mail us at:
Leo's Car Shows